This holiday weekend, tens of thousands of people will be driving through the 1st Assembly District. Please be safe on the road and take the following precautions when traveling.
- Check CalTrans for road closures – Whether you’re traveling near or far, be sure to visit the CalTrans website for information on road closure and more along your route.
- Pack water and snacks – If you get stuck in traffic or bad weather for hours, non-perishable snacks and water may be essential.
- Practice boating safety – With this year’s increase in first time boaters it’s more important than ever to educate constituents on the importance of safe and responsible boating. Click here to find boating safety on the CA Department of Parks’ website.
- Wildfire preparedness – Cal Fire noted in this week’s video update that winds are expected to pick up this Friday in the 1st Assembly District. While they will be diligently monitoring the weather, it is imperative that we do our part to prevent wildfire incidents. Learn more about Cal Fire’s recommended safety tips for this Labor Day weekend here.
- Flex Alerts – The 1st Assembly District is heading into a weekend of triple digit temperatures and a flex alert is currently in effect statewide. Learn more about flex alerts and how to participate to help avoid power outages here.
Please stay safe and enjoy the holiday weekend!
Assemblywoman Megan Dahle